Friday, January 24, 2014

A moment of shop...

So as I sat in my office, the world passing in front of me in rapid succession of boring images, I could only come to one conclusion... I need an injection of materialism.  It's time to do what I love and give into the shopping gods.  

So I decided to hit up the irvine spectrum for a quick retail drive by.  With the overcast evening closing in quickly I found parking easy which is an awesome turn of events for a Friday!  So down the steps of the parking garage descends my matte leather ivanka trump heals and into forever 21.  

Sadly there was not the huge blow out of clearance items I was hoping for... In fact I was going to give up when suddenly something raised my spirits, from across the room called a spicy little red number with a muy callente price tag! 7.80 and that was before any sale, my friends often dislike these things because they don't have "staying power," despite the fact that I've had pieces last 5 years and are still in good shape, at 7.80 I think one wear pays for itself! 


For 8 bucks it has a decent length, I wouldn't dry it... But that's me :).  The material feels like a jersey knit that is kind of summery feeling.  For the winter I recommend some sweater stockings.

What always gets me is impulse buys.  It's like they set up everything I always never wanted in the freakin line.  This time I picked up gifts for my mom, not that we are in the gift giving mood lately but that's a different story.  She's obsessed with foot care and frenchies, with both of them being 5 bucks I really didn't have to break the bank.



The sock masques kind of creep my out, I hope she has fun with them.

After that was a coffee run to the Nordstrom EBar.  It's a bit of a pain but the coffee is way better than a Starbucks and three words Honey Almond Latte.  With non fat milk the small is 180 cals of sweet and savory roasted joy.  Today, I went decodent with a brown butter sea salt cookie... Dear god! No really this cookie is deadly!  Go get one!  Right now!  It's a soft buttery warm flavor with sharp hints of salt.  Crave!

After fueling up I wondered out into the hustle and bustle and assorted commotions to find... Hipsters.  Oh I am not sure why but hipsters just suck.  Especially hipster men, or I should say bulkier men.  Here are men of manly girth and facial hair, decorated with tattoos, looking masculine until the eyes drift to the skinny jeans.  Umm, seriously?  You look like a chest and stomach on tooth picks... Why?!

Well by that time my moment of shopping had left me and it was time for yet another adventure else where.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment