Friday, January 17, 2014

Whoosh goes the Friday...

So to say that I'm on my way to changing my life is an understatement.  It's been an adventure every step of the way and it's only been a week... 

Today, as soon as it hit 4 I started and can not say I've really had time to stop till now.  So what happened?  Well first I decided that it was time to kick my weekend off with a shopping spree of sorts and in my typical mom fashion, the doors of target whoosh open.  Am I the only one that finds this mega meca of crap to be way too convenient for its own damn good?  I seriously always find the stuff I don't need like this pinky blush by nyx.

I never wear blush but for some god forsaken reason I reached for it, put it in my basket and now it's staring at me... Mocking me... Unaware of my love and affection.  Now the next item has my obvious affections and that's this little gem from e.l.f., the bristles are like an adorable kitten... Happiness.
 
After target it was time to grab the kids, my niece decided she wanted to go... And head to the mall!  This woman has coupons baby! 

First stop was Bath and Body Works for a free sample of lotion in their new Sky.  Now the bottle says violet lilly, both are dramatically apparent and yet shockingly enough, the lilly seems to come out stronger than the violet.  It is creamy and seems to have some staying power, at first, this is pretty deceptive as in about 2 hours is will be only a hint of floral mishmash upon a soft canvas of human flesh.  Still can't beat the price right?

Next, we made our way to origins where I had an email for 3 samples of whatever.  Now I'm going to put it out there, I've never been to origins before, I've heard of them but I have to say at least the people are polite!  I'm going to have to do more looking into what the lady gave me but from what she said it was a mask with charcoal, a tightener, and an eye brightener... Stay tuned!



After origins, we made a stop at the Disney store where the kids decided to try the split up and split approach to drive me absolutely out of my mind and out of the store!  Not that they really had anything worth getting.  

Next we continued on to Sephora where I acquired some new obsessive compulsive cosmetics lip color in vintage.  If you need a matte brick red in your life, ladies this is it.  It's thick, creamy and bold. Use sparingly!

I'm such a fan of this company.  Their lip tar gets the job done and last through sip and through kiss!  A must have for a lip lover.

After sephora my shopping bug really bit me right square in the butt.  On we marched up the mall to the Forever 21 who was blasting the word SALE.  My favorite word!  And my luck the sale is on clearance!

First up this spicy little number:

Now it doesn't look like much on the hanger but the backs pretty cute and it was 8 bucks...

Next we scooped up:


I just loved this 9 dollarsilhouette... The top is a sheer material and the back buttoning collar makes it charming.

Then this little number called me:
      
Unsure about it but worth the gamble on the peplum skirt.

Melinda found me this little treat:

Who doesn't need a navy pleather jacket?

On the way out we grabbed some makeup wipes:


Cucumber lemon!  Two of my absolute favorites!  I love them, quality not so much but for 2.50 you can't beat the comforting sniff.

Next we head to the playground which is short lived thanks to some inconsiderate and just pathetic parenting.

As it turned out a 9 year old girl took a gumball from my son who began to cry.  My niece is very defensive of my son and went after her.  When I and the girls mother get to the scene my niece is ready to swing... And good for her by the way!  The 9 year old admits to taking candy from the 3 year old but refuses to give it back and her mother decides that she shouldn't have to.  My son is clearly upset, the theif is being told it's okay to steal and instead of correcting her daughter she offers my son half a cookie... No it's okay, you don't want to teach your daughter right from wrong I'll make it right and teach my son to avoid people like you and your disgusting child.  Who knew integrity costs .25 cents? 

After that we were pretty much done until I saw this and had to have it and I'll leave you with this pick:

 These are the mints you are looking for!

No comments:

Post a Comment