Thursday, January 9, 2014

In the begining



Welcome,


Thanks for tuning in to my path to “self-discovery.”  So basically this leads to the wonderful “Who am I? What am I doing? What does it all mean?  Whaaa…  I guess currently my life is pretty ordinary.  I’m just a basic 28 year old single mom in Orange County Ca.  I get up throw on some jeans and a T-shirt and go through the motions.  I know, even I’m jealous of the excitement.  So after about a week and a half into this year I came to the conclusion that I have fallen into the mommy trap.  That cursed area of blah where your life begins to revolve around Pixar releases and interviewing potential preschools.  Your closet becomes a comfortable vortex of Old Navy cotton blends and worn out baggy denim, those absolutely gorgeous heels have been exchanged for running shoes when you have no intension of running.  Suddenly your make-up routine is lip balm and a pony tail.  You’ve hit the “Mom block.”


So what happens now?  Where do you go? Do you fade into a pit of finger paints?  No!  First you have to understand that there is a “Me” and a “Mom.”  Society will have you believe that to be successful at one the other must be backburnered.  In essence this is laying down some Harry Potter shit… “Neither can live while the other survives.”  This is obviously, ridiculous.  This leads me to my solution:


My alter ego must be born.  It’s time to break out the beautiful leather heels and black lace dress and become the inner vixen/ sex kitten/ style maven/ social media goddess/ thrill seeker Ect. Ect. Ect.  Still you cannot expect to just switch on, switch off so to speak.  So this is my little path to figuring out who to be and what to do with that.


    

No comments:

Post a Comment