Monday, January 13, 2014

Ipsy! 1 bag down!

Here we are January 13th and my house is infected with the stomach flu.  I'm telling you between yuck and ewww this is level 5 gross.  But, there is light at the end of the tunnel!  Today my mail box was graced with a blinding bright pink envelope.  That can only mean one thing... IPSY!

So last month as a gift to me I decided to by the ipsy monthly sample bag.  The concept is that you pay 10 bucks a month for a makeup bag with like 5 samples in it.  They even make you take a quiz so they can customize the samples to your tastes!  I really love that, god forbid they send me acne treatments and bright colors I'll never use. To me it's worth it, every girl deserves a little pick me up every month!

This month they really seemed to focus on skin care.  I keep forgetting I live in an almost perfect climet for winter and may not be as serious but that's no excuse to ignore a basic good skin care regimine.  So I open up this months bag and...



BAM!

Of course I did what any self respecting woman would do first... I opened all the things!  To say that citrus was a theme would be an understatement... However it was nothing compared to the smell of vinyl coming from the makeup bag.  On the plus side it is lined and think materials just a bit um plasticky smelling.

Then I decided to try some of these fun new products! Let's begin with...


The Malin + Goetez mojito lip balm!  This stuff is pure magic!  First it really does smell like a lime mint burst of a fresh mojito, however I was denied any flavor which bummed me out slightly but, I also didn't get anything mentholy or tingly which I usually hate about lip balms.  I want my lips soft not cold!

I must stress with this product that less is more! On dab will get your lips buttery, kissably soft in moments and it's food and drink proof too!

Idea: I am going to try this over lip liner under lip stick!

Next we move onto the:

Balm Me Up Organic sweet cocoa and tangy body balm.  Opening this little jar was a burst of citrus aroma that left my mouth watering ( it's lemon... Sue me...). It's not a very heavy balm but, as I rubbed this yellow salve into my hand it seemed like the small dab covered nearly my whole hand.  What it left behind was soft and glistening that smelled delicious. 

Idea: I'm thinking along the clavicals... 

Next came:

Absolute! Make-up remover tissues.  Now these are the pomegranate extract wipes, I was hoping for cucumber because I'm not a fan of pomegranate.  They certainly do smell fruity aromas upon opening the package.  The wipes themselves are light and pores but not overly saturated like other wipes.

I haven't had a chance to try them as a make up remover so more testing obviously needed.

Then I tried


Yaby natural finish liquid foundation.  This sample had a wonderful, light feel but in truth it was just a tad too dark so I'm going to see if I might just hold on to it till spring when I get more tan to try it.

Last was:


I'm reserving judgement till I have a chance to really sample this one.  However I despise the pitiful size of the sample!

All in all the bag was awesome!

2 comments:

  1. It isn't a bad bag. The bag itself is hideous though. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking this will go into the gift bag drawer for the next time I have a party to go to

    ReplyDelete