Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Box O’ Noms #1


Today my first graze box came deliciously into my office in hands of my least favorite mail man… If you saw him vs the UPS guy… you’d understand.  Still from the hands of the muskox came a box that brightened my day.  Say it with me… yum!

Graze is a company with a wonderful goal, to provide a sample of delicious snacks in place of the 3pm junk food that clogs our brains with fattening salty goodness that clings to your tummy.  Using a collection of nuts, dips, chews, and mixes they provide natural and delicious swaps.  For the bargain of 6 bucks every two weeks you are delivered a delicious array of munchings and crunchings. 

What came in the box today?  As shown, I received toffee apple, lightly toasted pistachios, keen bean, and cherries & berries. 




Obviously the pistachios were… pistachios, which is awesome because those hard to crack, little buggers are deliciously welcomed in my office any time.  No mystery there.  The toffee apples are a dip made with salted caramel and dried apples, in the words Samwell Tarley “Very tasty…”  Keen bean was what I kind of dreaded as it was a mix of redskin peanuts, chili broad beans and edamame.  Now, I love peanuts and edamame, but I had never had the opportunity to try chili broad beans.  They looked scary and yet something like croutons, a salad topping I absolutely hate.  However, what they were was amazing!  They were lightly spiced with a tiny linger giving the mix a lovely warm complement to the red peanuts.  Finally we get to the end, cherries and berries which was a mix of dried cherries, red grapes, lingonberries, and cranberries.  These all add up to a ruby red burst of sweetness whose crispy flavor that can quell any candy craving.  In all, I would say a good use of six bucks to expand my pallet to a healthier snack combination.    

No comments:

Post a Comment