Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Ipsy! Feb Glam is here!



So yesterday, my mailbox was graced by the only thing that I really look forward to receiving every month, that’s right it’s Ipsy day!  Ten dollars, one bag, five beauty samples… What else could make my little heart flutter so brilliantly?
Right off the bat I have to say thank you Ipsy!  The bag didn’t reek of vinyl.  The sad panda moment came in when I opened it and realized that it was way prettier on the inside than the outside.  No Bueno!  Luckily my sister took it off my hands; see the gift that keeps on giving.  I am considering using the one from last month that has the product design as a hair tie and pin holder to try to make it less confusing in the stack of crap.
So now for the contents of the bag:

POP Beauty Plump Pout Mini:  First item out of the bag was this pout plumping mini in peony petal.  I’m totally a fan of all things lip related so of course I was more than eager to bust this sample open.  Unlike other plumpers, this one wasn’t tingly or heavily mentholated.  In fact I call bullshit on the name “plump pout.”  The color was a nice mixture of purple and pink that wasn’t too bright, while still making me wish it had picked a side.  As far as the texture, gloss got issues.  On my hand it was thick, sticky, and tacky.  On my lips it glided very smoothly, but unfortunately it glided off very quickly.  I have to give it 3 out of 5, it was nice and I’ll hold on to the sample as an in the purse back up gloss but it’s definitely not go to.

Zoya Nail Polish:  Next came the product that I instantly thought I wouldn’t like.  The Zoya Nail Polish in Odette was a bottle of darkened, pastel purple which to me screamed Easter not valentine’s day.  As far as a nail lacquer goes, it went on beautifully and the coverage was decent if not better than most of the nail polishes I’ve worked with in the past.  My niece surrendered her paws for this round; on a little girl… it was pretty cute.  As far as dry time I will so that it takes a little while so I recommend the ice water trick unless you are home spa-ing it.

City Color Be Matte Blush:  My third little surprise was the far from little.  It was a full sized blush in Fresh Melon.  At first I was like, really Ipsy? You are seriously sending me an orangey blush?  And yes they are seriously pigmented!  But, I do have to say when applied lightly the warmth it brought my face was amazing in contrast to my contour foundation this morning.  Seriously go out and buy this one, so very worth it as far as blushes goes.

Photo C Velvet Gel:  This product was a bit of a mystery and I had to look it up first, it’s an anti-aging serum.  Fun fact, my mother who knows very little about most of the stuff I get knew exactly what it was and how to use it.  To be honest I tried a bit of it this morning and let me tell ya, I did notice a bit more softness but I get more priming with Porefessional by Benefit.

J.Cat Lashes:  The last trinket was the J.Cat lashes in EL05 which is a mix of alternating long and short lashes.  I haven’t ever tried this design so I’ll save them for Valentine’s Day.  I have however worked with this companies lashes before and I can tell you that all lashes require patience and practice.  Oh and liquid eyeliner doesn’t hurt J.
I have to say, two bags in and I love you Ipsy!

No comments:

Post a Comment