Monday, February 10, 2014

Just a thought


Well here we are on Monday afternoon and I finally get the time to crack open the processor and get out something that hasn’t been really bugging me but, I need to say…

An Open Letter to Men

I am a single mom and make sure to fully disclose this fact from the beginning.  I make no great length to hide my son’s existence; in fact his foot print is tattooed on my forearm.  I take a lot of pride in being a mom and my son’s mini milestones, and can tell you all about how awesome he is all the time, but I don’t.  In fact when it comes to every one of my friends that I have picked up in various locations of the adult variety, only about 5% of them ever see my son in the flesh.  So, when you tell me that you cannot be involved with me because I have a child, I laugh. 

Now, I know that most men do not want to step up to another man’s plate but, I never asked you to.  In fact I thought we had been just flirting for the past two months and was responding to the actions you had taken.  Let me clarify. 

If a man approaches a woman and engages in flirtatious activity, comments, flattery and physical behavior with a woman who has fully disclosed all of her personal information pertaining to offspring and living situations one could gather he has come to the conclusions that he has assumed the risk.  Apparently I am incorrect.  You see what I had experienced on Friday evening was a cowardly lion who knowing full well my situation had previously engaged in a bit of a tryst with me.  Mind you this didn’t go very far, and I am thankful for that, but still it seemed to be positive on both sides for a few months leading up to this moment, when he decides to tell me that because of my son, he cannot be involved with me.  Well, I’m glad that this major part of my life that I never showed interest in sharing with you and that you had known about the whole time is too much for you.

Never once have I ever tried to daddy up anyone I’ve been involved with.  My son has a head strong and powerful role model in me and I have been playing all sides for three years.  I would like men to know that using our children as an excuse to dismiss us is fine, but do not hold out until we believe there could be something there.  If a woman with a child is not for you I highly suggest that when you find out about said child that it ends right there.  Not after a flirtation, not after a swapping of information, and although not pertaining to this case definitely before swapping bodily fluids!  It is perfectly okay that I and other women like me get skipped over because we have offspring, but it is not okay for you to dangle a toe in the water while you decide if we are too much to handle. 

KThanxBai

      

No comments:

Post a Comment