Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Damn it target!

Okay so I go walking into Target and my eyes were just raped by intense color and pattern… I think I’m still reeling from the intenseness.  Dear target, What The Fuck…
This is due to Peter Pilotto’s new collaboration with target.  I think we could call this one a fail.  From intense patterns of geometric design to a barf of skittle speckled flowers all of it leaves a person looking like a home ec disaster.
Maybe it’s my bias but each of these fabrics just screams busy, in the way that a crying toddler can beat on your last nerve with a sledge hammer.  Anyone one ever seen Misery?  The way Kathy Bate’s hobbles the main character? Yeah that’s what this is doing to my inner fashion diva.  I just want reasonable colors and cuts… classic, clean, what’s so wrong with wanting to display a woman’s beauty for who she is?  We are not birds, please leave the distracting plumage to another species.
The most disturbing thing, you know besides the color, the pattern, the shape or the cut... Is the fabric used in these fashion abortions.  Seriously who does this?  Each piece just feels like something cheap, without the cheap price tag.  At least when I buy a dress at other stores the price matches the quality.  For some reason the materials and craftsmanship has gone down in target clothing while the prices continue to rise.  The one strong staples now have given way to cheaper synthetic fabrics while the prices seem to have doubled.  When a crappy T-Shirt hits 25 bucks you know you have an issue.
Thanks for trying Target but I think I will stick to using you as a place to by my cheapo make up and lean cuisine's...

No comments:

Post a Comment