Wednesday, May 21, 2014

A Bats Day mini blurb


Oh my Goth! Let me tell you about Bat’s Day at the fun park!  This is one of my favorite Disney meet ups throughout the year, where the gothic community expresses their love of family and friendship at the happiest place on earth.

I want you to picture it in your mind.  You get to Disneyland, fight through the parking structure, hop on the tram, and get through the turnstile… suddenly, BAM!  You look around and there is a sea of black fabric and eyeliner.  Has the happiest place on earth given way to world of villians?  Nope, it’s just Bat’s Day a tradition that is 16 years strong and growing all the time.

So why do I love it?  Well, when you walk in and you see someone who is dressed smartly in gothic threads with a huge smile, you just want to smile too.  It embraces the idea of acceptance and family that I think sometimes we forget.  Bats day allows us to enjoy the park for who we are and express ourselves with every “freak” bone in our bodies… I can’t wait for next year…

For more information please check out their website and maybe join us next year!

http://www.batsday.net/home/home.html

No comments:

Post a Comment