Thursday, May 1, 2014

The Tea Diary: Box 2


The next box of tea I tried was a black tea by Bigelow.  It was their Vanilla Chai, now don’t get this confused by the yummy chai latte at starbucks, because you will be disappointed.  I kind of was…

 

The great this about this tea is that they come foil wrapped and after you open one you will know why.  The office was flooded with a spicy vanilla scent that, while not unpleasant, lingered for days.  I put a bag in my cup and absentmindedly left it there, there wasn’t any water in it so it was easy to forget, then left for a weekend.  When I opened the door Monday it reeked of spice.  These things are potent!  Now I assumed that would lead to stronger flavors… wrong again.  I let them steep, and steep, and steep, but the more I tried the weaker the flavor.

 

In the end, it’s a nice little black tea but it was definitely missing any kind of punch.

No comments:

Post a Comment