Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Oops I love you: A Drop Dead Diva Recap


Looks like the drama at Harrison and Parker is wrapping up itself in a neat little package to send it off in 6 or so episodes as this little gem puts even more emphasis on family and living in the moment.  I understand these have always been themes of the show, but the producers have decided to really beat the audience over the head with them in the last few check in’s with our favorite law lady, Jane.

This week we come back to our lovers (Jane and Grayson) in sunny afterglow, when Jane totally ruins the moment with the blurt of “I love you.”  Yeah, that’s a bit fast there Janey.  Still, can you blame her?  I mean Grayson has always been her one and with a lifetime of past between them, you would almost expect an I love you or two.  Grayson’s response is more logical, if not comical… “What?”  This of course is going to spiral into a day or two of self-doubt and misunderstandings, and just when you thought they were stepping off with the same foot.

The cases this week are total passion cases kicking off with a girl desperate for a bone marrow transplant, and a terminally Ill mayor who wants to rent out City Hall to a high school to house kids while their school is rebuilt.  Why the creators are so content on knocking into family is killing me, can’t we go back to big time scandals?!  I mean wouldn’t it go the other way, small cases leading to serious ones?  Oh well, I’ll continue to watch as they continuously take cheap shots at my heartstrings with pleas for humanity!

The other big problem I have with this show is the alarming rate of children who file for emancipation.  I mean, they are quick to jump to that over at H&P, it almost feels like their magic solution.  In all actuality, not only is it a long arduous process, it very seldom works.  Let alone works how the children seeking emancipation want.  I mean have a look at the requirements, they are pretty insane, I know adults that couldn’t qualify…

Also, Terri is out of prison this week and Kim is ready to cut her loose, not at all surprised with that one, what with Kim’s compassionate nature and all.  You would think that motherhood would have made her a touch more understanding of the suffering of others.  Oh wait, this is Kim we are talking about, if anything the baby is only making her bitchier.  In need of a time out she would turn to anyone, and in this instance any one is Stacy, for babysitting.  With the twins on the way she needs as much help as she can get.

As tragic as the cases are, they faded into the background as my focus was drawn to the strange happenings in the lives of our favorite lawyers.  In the end it just seems like this episode worked out way too well.  I think this is supposed to be a calm before the storm.  Terri gets to keep her job and tour her music for a month, Owen convinces Stacy to give him a real chance and finally Grayson says “I love you too…”

So why am I uneasy?  Well, there has always been something keeping the lovers apart.  So why now is it suddenly okay?  If you ask me there is most likely some kind of danger looming in the distance, why else would they keep on past a seemingly happy ending?

No comments:

Post a Comment