Friday, May 9, 2014

Nom Box #6!


It’s been a long two weeks since the graze company graced my mail box with its tasty treats in their individual wrapped and measured portions, so imagine my joy when it was waiting for me on Monday morning.  This week had a warm kind of feel to the pallet and I was delighted by the wonderful flavors of most of the selections, but with all boxes there were hits and misses, and this box had a major miss.

First the great!  The chocolate orange flapjacks, I’m such a fan of the flapjack line that these never disappoint.  There is something about the soft, crumbly, and moist texture of these delicious bars that just makes me happy.  The way they punched up the orange flavor really spoke to my insane love of citrus, but what really worked for me was the warm and comforting way the dark chocolate ribbons danced back and forth creating a truly sweet and yet slightly bitter explosion.  Please send more!


The next treat was the toffee apples, now with 70 cals I was super excited to dig right in.  By now I’ve learned not look forward to the possibility of a crunchy texture and this was no exception.  I think that they fear that drying out the apples all the way might do something to the sugar intake or something.  The chewy fruit is growing on me though, but not nearly as much as the toffee dip.  This dip was sweet but so luscious and melted so easily on the tongue that it was a little cube of heaven.

As for the black pepper pistachios, well I appreciate the pistachios.  As for the black pepper taste, I flat out couldn’t find it at all.  The only difference was a slightly warming bite at the very end of the cube of pistachios.  Call this one a take it or leave it.

Now we get to the miss, the “Bonnie wee oat bakes.”  These were tiny, hard, little oat triangles that were fundamentally tasteless and so dry that they sucked the moisture right out of my mouth with the first nibble.  As for the caramelized onion marmalade, I could not get past the sweet and yet pungent stink that assaulted my nose.  No thank you!  Just No!

No comments:

Post a Comment