Tuesday, April 1, 2014

If at first you dont succeed wash, wash again!: L'Oreal Volume Fill hair care system


One of the biggest problems that I have with my hair is that it is that it completely lacks any semblance of volume.  Some women are blessed with bounce in their tresses; I unfortunately was born with a lifeless mop.  Therefore, when I received a sample of L’Oreal Paris Volume Filler system of shampoo, conditioner, and densifying gelee I was pretty excited.  The problem is that it states it is for fine or thin hair and although it is lifeless, my hair is pretty thick already.

The shampoo had a soft floral sent that was pretty nice and lathered really well, still it’s very hard for me to appreciate most foil samples because of the length of my hair.  As soon as I rinsed it out, it just felt thick and tacky but also very dry.  It’s as if every hair on my head had become stiff as straw but had the thickness of pasta noodles.

The conditioner had less sent which I loved; I have this weird thing with hair care products and smell.  Most of the fragrances in conditioners make me feel tired and ill.   What I didn’t love is that the sample size barely made a small dent in softening my hair.  Now mind you, I usually have to double the recommended amount of conditioner, but this was pretty sad.  I really wanted to like this but it just didn’t pack as much moisture as my locks require.

There was a bright spot though, the gelee.  It had a brilliant lemon smell that was delightful and a texture that wasn’t overly sticky.  I was able to thread it through my hair from roots to tip evenly without pulling through a serious tangle.  Using a large round brush and a low set hair dryer I was able to pull more lift out of my hair than it has seen in years!  I can’t say much for the shampoo or conditioner but the gelee was totally worth it and at around 4 to 5 dollars it is something I will totally buy again!

No comments:

Post a Comment