Saturday, April 19, 2014

Ipsy Vol. 4!


It’s time to get tipsy on Ipsy as we go through, what I feel, is the most amazing and well put together bag that I have received so far this year.  When I signed up for this service I was hoping for makeup lots and lots of makeup… What I have received is lots and lots of skin care and body items.  Not all unsuccessful, still not entirely what I was really looking for.  Then, this bag got mailed into my life, and I fell in love all over again!

First up was the Urban Decay 24/7 Eye liner in black velvet.  I was so excited about this product, so very giddy in fact.  There was a rich blackness to it and it ran on so smooth.  When I tried to wipe off the swatch it had amazing staying power.  In the end though, when I tried it as part of my look I missed my eye liner pen.  It just didn’t roll on as evenly, and on the bottom water line?  It smudged quickly.  All is not lost however as my mother has fallen in love with it.

Next out of the bag was the costal scents shadow brush BR-C-N02.  I’ve tried costal scents before and I have yet to be disappointed.  This brush was no exception.  With it’s soft bristles and firm handle, it was a solidly built brush.  What really made me happy was that with one swipe the brush was filled evenly and deposited the eye shadow cleanly.

Then I pulled out Pop goes the shadow eye shadow in champagne.  It was quite the shimmer, and I cant really say I had any hope for this supper soft shadow.  Still once again Ipsy proved me wrong buy providing a nice highlighter for under the brow and the inside corner of my eye.  You got to have an open mind for this stuff.

After that came the Starlooks luscious long wear lip pencil in Naked.  I loved the delicious color.  A lot of the Ipsters felt it was a bit too light, but when I paired it with my Lip Tar and Kate Moss Lip Stick it was a real boost to a natural lip coloring.  My only note was that it was a little too soft and collapsed easily.

Not all was make up though as the last item out of the bag was Dr. Bandt Microdermabration exfoliate crème.  This item was awesome.  First off let me just say that a little goes a long way, and with this kind of product that means a lot.  The crème itself didn’t feel too gritty until I started to work it into I do give it credit as an awesome exfoliate!  

The bag itself was awesome, a square bag unlike the typical rectangle it had a more roomy look and for once did not wreak of vinyl.  The record on the front was really cute, kind of gave the whole cochella vibe that’s been going around my area.  Over all I am pleased Ipsy!




No comments:

Post a Comment