Monday, April 28, 2014

Nom Box #5!


Once again the mailman waltzed in with my bi-weekly delivery, the Graze Box! The wonderful program that lets you sample 4 super yummy smart snacking selections.  So, what’s in the box this time?

First up was the “Hot Cross Yum.”  The Hot Cross Yum was a mixture of orange raisins, sponge pieces, and cinnamon honey almonds.  Now the sweet tooth in me was completely happy with this.  However, deconstructing it made me start to reconsider whether I really was getting something that I loved, perhaps this was a momentary infatuation.  The sponge pieces were the same from the jelly doughnut mix in the last box, and I was happy to see them because the bite of the orange raisins was pretty intense.  The almonds were a sad disappointment, the honey was painted just painted on too thick and drowned out the cinnamon and the crunch the mix needed.

After that was the Apple Cosmo, a mix of apples, cranberries and lime raisins.  These people love raisins don’t they?  So this was pretty disappointing, the apples especially.  The apples were those partially dehydrated fruit slices that can have a paper like texture… Not so tasty.  What I did like though was the fresh zing of the raisins.  That made a refreshing save to this trendy little mix.

Third out of the box was totally the favorite, the “Crackling Black Peppercorn.”  These rice bits were a tad sweet at first but once the cracked pepper hit, the spice must flow!  These were a great little pallet cleanser after I sampled the ultra sweet Hot Cross Yum and I would gladly take more!

Last was the “America’s Nut’s Mix.”  The tough part of this health conscious company is that they are notorious for no salt.  Now I love nuts and chews but not without some form of seasoning, man that sounds bad… Still, bland meets blah… equals sadness…  

No comments:

Post a Comment