Tuesday, April 8, 2014

The Tea Diary: Box 1


In an effort to reduce soda and sugary drinks I’ve taken to trying to drink tea at the office.  So, in my efforts I tripped down the tea isle of my local target and realized, there are just way too many options.  I figured let’s just start with Green Tea, that’s supposed to help you lose weight right?

The first box down was Celestial Seasonings Green Tea with honey and ginseng.  One of the great things about this selection is that they mix in white tea so that the pungent bite of green tea.  It tends to relax you into this warm cup until you hit the lemony citrus that jolts you just a smidge.  Between the ginseng and the honey there is a smooth sweetness that seems to skip hand in and with the brightness of the lemon and strength of the green tea.

The thing that made this box a little different was that the bags have no strings.  Now that carries some real pros and cons.  With no string, tag, staple or wrapper, the natural fiber tea bag keeps 3-5 million pounds of waste out of landfills, this is according to the box.  While I am all for protecting the environment, everyone has to pitch in right?  The stingless design threw me.  I can’t help it, it’s the way I was trained I suppose.  At first I thought it was a little gross as I picked the bag out of my cup, but after a while I actually got to a system of prep that made everything pretty effortless.  Do I miss the string… kind of but the flavor of this box made up for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment