Sunday, March 30, 2014

Baby's Badass Burgers!: Good o'le fashion yum!

So, in addition to an introduction to a great event, Adam inadvertently introduced me to the delicious food truck of Baby’s Badass Burgers. I am totally guilty of knocking the food truck fad, I completely acknowledge that fact. In the case of this truck however I admit I may be mistaken.

What I like about this truck is they aren’t going for something crazy, one glance at the menu will tell you that they are going for something that is truly good using good ingredients. It’s pretty straight forward, burgers and fries… My American cuisine loving heart went “pop.”

I ordered the “original beauty” baby burgers, which was two little sliders with swiss, grilled onions, sautéed mushrooms, and baby’s special sauce and an order of the “pigs tails” or curly seasoned fries. The result of that order was 7 bucks completely well spent. Oh my god, no really, like damn! I’m so happy the arcade had this truck!

Right out of the gate, the brilliance of putting the burger on a Hawaiian roll. I grew up eating these and they are, in my opinion one of the best breads for burgers, right behind toasted sourdough. The reason I came up with why they would use them has got to be the sauce. I usually hate sauce, let alone spicy sauces. This sauce cut through the sweetness of the roll but didn’t over power the delicate nature of the mushrooms. The mushrooms, my god the mushrooms, they were fall apart delightful. The mushrooms were soft and buttery but unlike other burgers, they were not masque by bolder flavors and the light caramel of the grilled onions made a pair that any burger eater would be happy to obtain. The meat itself was well seasoned and not overcooked, almost like a medium well to medium making it soft and yet punched with flavor. The fries were not overly seasoned, which I absolutely loved! I tend to shy away from curly fries but these proved that people still want to make a good side that doesn’t try to be a main dish!

Overall this experience has made me rethink truck food, so rock on Baby’s Badass Burgers!


3 comments:

  1. Very informative post! There is a lot of information here that can help any business get started with a successful social networking campaign! I so want a pair of these boots

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its look very tasty and delicious, I will be there to eat this Burger.
    NewAmericanJackets Fight Club

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very useful post. It is the first time for me to visit here. Cullen Bohannon Leather Vest
    . I like visiting this type of blogs.

    ReplyDelete