Sunday, March 30, 2014

The Last Arcade on the Planet: Amazing!

Friday found this girl on the go kind of out of her element but, totally loving it. I was invited to an arcade party with a fun 80’s flare at a Santa Ana/ Tustin area warehouse known as The Last Arcade on Earth. So what I gathered was that this was a huge selection of “vintage” arcade and pin ball machines that they set to free play with a fun atmosphere of classic 80’s tunes and fun lighting. Basically, when I walked in the amount of visual stimulation is enough to keep you going but the true gem is the selection of classics that makes you want to know when the next event is. And what do they charge for this play ground of child hood classics? It’s a five dollar door, more than fair when you think about the electricity and planning that goes into this kind of event.

When you arrive, at a location that was not only easy to find, but had tons of parking! It might sound silly to get existed about parking, try enjoying an event with street parking… You will go out of your mind thinking of tickets and morons. There is no doubt you are in the right place when you walk up, if the music doesn’t draw you in, the sheer ease and overall good feeling of the other attendees taking a break outside will. There were a few tables and chairs setup, but I like the tailgate of my xb myself.

Everyone was really friendly and basic arcade laws apply. Their rules at a basic level was don’t hurt the games and don’t be an asshole. Pretty simple and to the point, I like it. What I loved? The games, these are what you grew up on, frogger, miss pacman, pacman, qubert, Mario, donkey kong… It was overwhelmingly fantastic.

In the end I do have to thank my arcade guide, Adorable Adam… I’m the only one allowed that. No really, Adam is a sweetheart for getting this sheltered, single mom out if only for a few hours. I’m totally up to do it again though… Especially if Adam goes.

Check out the next event May 10th! I’ll be there and highly recommend it.

The Last Arcade on the Planet

1400 E St Andrew Place

Suite E

Santa Ana Ca

No comments:

Post a Comment