Saturday, March 29, 2014

Nom box 3: A graze box review

It’s that time again, I received my 3rd Graze box this week. First off I wanted to take a moment to truly express my admiration for this subscriptions customer service department. It was wed. afternoon and I still hadn’t received my box which had usually come on Monday without fail, after checking my account I could not locate my order so I wrote a nicely worded email. Within 2 hours I not only had a response, I had a complete resolution with a credit for a box as compensation. I now love this company.

So what did I get this week? Well, it was another week of 3 hits and a miss. This week I received the herby bread basket, banoffee pie, seed and fruit flapjacks, and mango chutney and black pepper dipper rice snacks.


First the herby bread basket, this was a mix made up of three distinct yet complementary components, garlic crustini’s, basil baguettes, and oregano crusted rice crackers. The garlic crustini had a lovely crumble with a delicious buttery taste with just a tiny bite of garlic. The baguettes were a tad stronger in herby flavor but, in contrast to the olive oil washed garlic the basil was a welcome flavor to break up the warmth of the crustini. As for the oregano rice crisps, these were the perfect pop of sweet that made a delicious profile. It tasted like a nice crunchy garlic bread, and at 90 cals… send more.

Next I tried the banoffee pie mix that was dehydrated banana slice, almond slices, pecans, and a kind of butterscotch fudge. It was a desert item so of course I was and am all in. I have a sweet tooth and have no problem admitting it. The only thing I would change right off the bat was the banana, while tasty they were just kind of chewy. The mix was missing that idea of a crunchy element, while I know that pie doesn’t usually have a crisp, this mix needed one. Over all it was a delicious deconstructed pie, the fudge bits ramped up the sweetness while the pecans and almonds gave a crunch and warmth that cut through it. Sadly the one component that fell short was in the name. Still, go ahead and keep this one coming graze.

Third came the nut and seed flapjacks. These need to be packaged individually and sold in bulk, because I could have one every morning and it would seriously put me out on the right foot! The rolled oats provide a delicious canvas for a beautiful array of seeds and fruit bits. The fruit itself is still juicy and really fresh tasting. The bar is moist and seems to dissolve with the first bite into a nutty, honey, fruity piece of heaven. I’m a big fan of anything flapjack from this company.

Sadly, the last package was a major miss with me. I had never had chutney before so I decided that I would approach this with an open mind. The mango chutney did have a sweet snap, but the after taste was so decidedly vinegar and bitterness that I just couldn’t go through with it. Sorry graze, I guess chutney isn’t for me… Even if you pair it with black pepper.

I want to say once again, the selection and service has won my business for many boxes to come. Thank you graze’s team of superstars!


No comments:

Post a Comment