Sunday, March 23, 2014

So much more than just a wash...

So on one of my several trips to Target I got a few hair care samples, and as a woman with medium length hair I love hair samples!  Today's sample (the first of three)  was from L'Oreal Paris.  Today I give you the Total Repair 5, a three part system that is intended to repair 5 common issues and desires most women are looking for in their hair care products.  The target area's where 1. Rebuilds fibers, 2. Strength, 3. Vitality, 4. Silkiness and 5. Shine.  The system consists of a shampoo, conditioner, and a balm, pretty straight forward right?




Well, the process is a little longer than I like in the shower, the balm says 5 - 7 min, but I was really hoping for some good results.  As far as pros, I loved the soft smell.  Unlike a lot of damage control shampoos, whose smell can seem overwhelmingly chemical, the sent of the series was soft and playfully floral.  As far as what it did for my hair, I definitely noticed a silky factor on the crown but by the tips I had lost it.  The balm definitely had a softness factor that had eluded other balms that I had used in the past.  Not much else was truly life changing about this system.

Major con came with drying time.  Now, I have thick hair, and lots of it!  So, drying time is just a pain in the ass but, this stuff made me need to dry it till my arms ached.  The plus was a lot of life had invaded my drab locks at the roots, but the tips still felt rough.  I'm considering getting the balm and just working it on the tips of my hair, as for the shampoo and conditioner?  Pass...

No comments:

Post a Comment