Saturday, March 1, 2014

Lunch made me melt...

Today me and Hunter decided to try The Melt in The Irvine Spectrum.  I am a grilled cheese addict going way back, I mean what's better than toasted bread and melted cheese? Answer: Herb crusted, fresh baked artisan bread, premium cheeses, and a healthy assortment of extras.  

First thing I noticed is the funky yet minimalist decor.  There is a huge emphasis on enviormental awareness and fresh ingredients.  Also they have canned beer and sparkling wines... Even blue moon, no I didn't partake because I had the boy.  

So we chose the Swiss, a creation of sourdough and Swiss cheese and added smoked bacon.  You also get a choice of pickles or chips, we went with chips.  To drink we decided to try the vanilla bean milkshake.

The wait was pretty quick considering it was the lunch rush.  We recived a wire basket of golden awesome.  The bread was golden and crisp with a sprinkle of seasoned deliciousness.  The cheese was melted but not oily as Swiss tends to get.  The part I was really impressed with was the bacon.  It was thick cut and still tender.  The smoke and salt complemented the herbs on the bread and smooth flavor of the cheese.  Delicious.  

The milk shake was lightly sweetened and more on the milk side.  I would say in a world of chains putting out thicker and thicker globs called shakes this milk shake is a becon of hope for those who want the taste of a milkshake without a stomach full of cramp inducing goop.  The vanilla bean flavor seemed to dance along an ice milk base for a refreshing treat.  Major cudos!

So if you get a hankering for grilled, gooey goodness keep The Melt in mind!


Would have taken more photos but my phone was dead at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment